Does anything really go better together than peanut butter and chocolate? I can't believe in all of my 23 years this was the first peanut butter cupcake I have ever tried. I recently purchased a frosting press which made these cupcakes even better. Not only did I frost the top of the cupcake with a rich chocolate frosting, I filled the middle of the cupcakes with chocolate as well.
However, I must say and perhaps this is obvious, that my favorite part of these cupcakes was eating them. There is nothing better than watching "You've Got Mail," drinking coffee, and eating Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cupcakes on a crisp, Fall afternoon while catching up and reminiscing with fabulous friends. I hope you are able to delight in these cupcakes and your company that comes along with them as much as I have!
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter, room temp
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners
3. Beat together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth
4. Mix in egg and vanilla
5. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Add the flour mixture and milk to the cupcake batter.
7. Fill each liner about 3/4 full with batter and bake for about 20 minutes.
8. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup baking cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Melt butter
2. Stir in cocoa
3. Combine with powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract
4. Add small amounts of milk if more is needed
5. Frost cupcakes as desired