Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Cupcakes
All you have to read is the title of this blog and you know you won't be disappointed. Chocolate and Peanut Butter, enough said. Although, if I can say one more thing, these cupcakes have cream cheese in them which in my opinion makes them even better.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 powdered sugar1/4 cup peanut butter chips
1/4 cup chocolate chips
A couple of things to note before baking. First, I left out the white vinegar because I didn't have any and they were still as delicious as ever. Second, the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips are to sprinkle on top of the cupcake. I bought a mixed bag of chocolate/peanut butter chips and sprinkled the amount I wanted on each cupcake. You may use more or less chips than what the recipe calls for.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Fill 18 regular size muffin tins with liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla to flour mixture. Stir until smooth.
3. In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer. Once mixed, add powered sugar and beat until creamy.
4. Spoon about a tablespoon of chocolate batter into each cup. Spread about a tablespoon of peanut butter filling on top of the chocolate. Repeat the layers once more. Sprinkle with peanut butter and chocolate chips.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
6. Try to restrain yourself from eating all of the cupcakes.
This original recipe can be found from the Pillsbury website.