Wednesday, July 3, 2013

European Adventures

One year ago today I was boarding a plane with my mom, dad and grandpa headed to Scotland.  While there, we stayed in Glasgow, traveled to Edinburgh, the Highlands of Scotland and spent a few days in England.  The train ride through The Highlands and meeting family in England were definitely highlights of the trip.  I also loved the Scottish accents, how friendly the people were and learning about my ancestors from England.  I would love to go back someday but in the mean time I will just have to live vicariously through my pictures.      
Streets of Glasgow
Grandpa read Harry Potter for the first time ever on this train ride and loved it
Train ride in The Highlands
Mallaig
Train ride in The Highlands
Mallaig

I love to eat and always enjoy finding unique restaurants to eat at. We ate at a variety of places and I made sure to order fish n' chips any chance I had.   
Boar Burger
Haggis (Scottish dish that contains a sheep's heart, liver and lungs minced with oatmeal, onions, suet and seasonings).

Traditional Scottish Breakfast

Next week my travel adventures continue as I fly west to British Columbia.  If only I got paid to travel.  Now that would be the dream.  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your Scotland/England photos - so cool and so pretty! Excited to see you in BC next week! :)

    ReplyDelete